Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Marske United FC app


First Team - Match centre

Marske United
Loughborough Dynamo
Sat 5 Jan 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League - East Division Full time Attendance 202

Marske United 1-2 Loughborough Dynamo


Marske’s winless run extended to 6 games with a disappointing defeat in an ill- tempered game at Mount Pleasant.


Marske: Dean, Brockbank, O’Sullivan (Plant), Butterworth, May, Wheatley, Hillerby
(Owens), Liddle, Fairley, Waters, Round
Subs (not used): Gott, Rowbotham, Martin

Loughborough Dynamo: Taylor, Bryant, Gordon, Young, Foster, Keenan, Riley
(Assamoah), Thorogood, Demidh, Robbins (Brown)
Subs (not used): Reittie, Elwood

After the New Year’s Day defeat at Pickering,
Carl Jarrett rang the changes in the starting eleven with Jamie Owens, Craig Gott,
Brad Plant, Callum Martin and Josh Rowbotham all dropping to the bench. Into the
team came Liam O’Sullivan, Lee Brockbank, Chay Liddle, David Hillerby and James
Fairley as Marske lined up in a 4-3-3 formation.

In what was an extremely low-key first half, with chances at a premium, it was
Marske had the first chance of the game on 7 minutes. A Curtis Round cross from
the left found the unmarked Chay Liddle who saw his first shot blocked by a
Dynamo defender and the follow-up saved by keeper Charlie Taylor. There was a
lengthy stoppage on 10 minutes when O’Sullivan was injured following the delivery
of a Round corner, which came after Fairley and Matty Waters combined well on
the right. Following treatment, O’Sullivan was able to continue though it was clear
he was in some discomfort. Loughborough’s first sight of goal arrived on 15
minutes when a corner was only cleared as far as Daniel Gordon but the full back’s
effort went high over the bar. Moments later, Karl Demidh cut inside from the
right touchline but dragged his shot wide. As the game approached the midway
point in the half, Waters played the ball inside to Glen Butterworth but he fired
high over the bar. Moments later, Marske had the best chance of the half when a
log ball forward from Brockbank found Fairley; with Taylor racing out of the box,
the Marske player easily got to the ball before the keeper and raced into the box
with a number of Dynamo defenders between him and the goal. Fairley got his shot
away just as he reached the penalty area but Louis Keenan was on hand to clear
the ball from just in front of the goal-line. On 25 minutes, O’Sullivan was unable to
continue and, in an attacking move, Marske brought on Plant with Round moving to
left back with Plant playing on the left-hand side of the front 3. The away side had
the better of the last 15 or so minutes of the half. First, Alex Steadman skied a
shot high over the bar before Gordon fired across the face of the goal. The last
chance of the half was Marske’s with Plant setting up Butterworth who saw his shot
go just wide.
Half Time: Marske United 0 Loughborough Dynamo 0
The first chance of the 2 nd half fell to the away team, but Dean saved well from
Josh Riley. Marske countered and Fairley set up Waters who hit a fierce shot from
the edge of the box which Taylor could only get a hand to and Marske led.
Immediately after the opening goal, Marske were looking for a second but
Butterworth’s shot from the edge of the box was well saved by Taylor. However,
Marske’s lead lasted only 3 minutes as Dynamo levelled on 58 minutes when Ryan
Robbins curled a shot into the far corner from 15 yards with Dean unsighted.
Robbins then headed wide from a sliced shot from Demidh before the game
exploded on 66 minutes. Demidh was penalised for a terrible challenge on Liddle
and pushing and shoving ensued with nearly all of the players on the pitch
involved. When order was restored, referee Derric Wade showed Demidh a yellow
card when it could easily have been a red card. Dean was also booked for his
involvement in the aftermath of the foul. Tempers flared yet again just three
minutes later when Brockbank fouled Demidh. Again, the referee chose to show a
yellow card when it could easily have been red. It was Dynamo who dealt with the
stoppages better than Marske and led on 71 minutes when Round played Demidh
onside and the striker fired across Dean and off the post. With 13 minutes left
Owens replaced Hillerby and Marske piled on the pressure for the remainder of the
game without creating too many clear-cut chances. Butterworth saw a shot well
palmed away by Taylor but Dynamo defended well and in numbers. On 90 minutes,
there was a red card when Liddle was sent off for an awful challenge on the far
touchline on Alex Steadman. Robbins was then lucky to escape punishment for
pushing Plant as he was being substituted but the away side saw out the 5 minutes
injury time to secure victory in a game that won’t live in the memory too long.
Full Time: Marske United 1 Loughborough Dynamo 2

Team selection

Dean, Robert Dean, Robert
Brockbank, Lee Brockbank, Lee
O'Sullivan, Liam O'Sullivan, Liam
Waters, Matty Waters, Matty
Wheatley (C), Adam Wheatley (C), Adam
May, Andrew May, Andrew
Hillerby, David Hillerby, David
Butterworth, Glen Butterworth, Glen
Fairley, James Fairley, James
Liddle, Chay Liddle, Chay
Round, Curtis Round, Curtis

League round up

Other East Division results

AFC Mansfield
Morpeth Town
Sheffield FC
Pickering Town
Stocksbridge Park Steels


Loading comments

Club sponsors